This concept was created for a proposal to redevelop the North Hill commercial centre in Northwest Calgary. The concept builds on an existing mixed-use, transit-oriented development comprised of high-rise condos, a shopping centre, and a grocery store.
We prepared conceptual renderings, along with site plans and massing models for three schemes with varied distribution of uses.
- The concept envisions a dense mixed-use community integrating live, work, and play in a single development that would complement adjacent public facilities including SAIT, the Jubilee Auditorium, and a branch of the Calgary Public Library.
- Our schemes include commercial, entertainment, restaurant, and residential uses, along with a parking facility accommodating between 4,143 and 5,315 stalls, depending on the scheme.
- The concept is designed with strong pedestrian connectivity and capitalizes on close access to an LRT station.
- The project would introduce between 508 and 628 residential units, and up to 1,991,600 sq. ft. of built area.
- Along with close access to nearby institutions, the site is easily accessible for vehicles and is in close proximity to hotels, restaurants, and other business along the 16th Avenue North commercial corridor.