The Country Hills Crematorium is a new crematorium building in NE Calgary. The single-storey, 1,643 square metre building includes offices, preparation and dressing rooms, two retort rooms, a family lounge, conference rooms, a casket room, and two large memorial/reception rooms.
- Memorial/reception rooms can be subdivided to create up to four separate rooms. Two of these rooms include curtained windows providing views of the retort rooms.
- A kitchen includes service windows facing out into one of the memorial/reception rooms.
- Finishes were selected in respect of the solemnity and dignity required of the building's program.
- Bright, clean finishes contrast with dark wood accents; this aesthetic is particulary effective in the welcome lobby, which is flooded with natural light via a skylight.
- The lobby includes a waterfall incorporating a stone veneer feature wall.
Learn about our architectural work on this project here.