Abugov Kaspar provided architectural and interior design services for a new, 5-storey addition to Bow View Manor, an existing long-term care home situated along the Bow River in Bowness, a neighbourhood in Calgary's Northwest.
- The new five-storey concrete building is oriented to maximize beautiful views overlooking the Bow River, and cradles a courtyard green space with a seating area facing the river.
- The total floor area of 5,500 m² provides 39 designated assisted living and 47 long-term units.
- The interior design is based on the palette of the original building; variations in finishes, colour, and fixtures gives each floor a distinct look. Not only does this add variety to the design, but also makes wayfinding easier for those living with dementia or Alzheimer's.
- The interiors are designed for the high degree of wear typical of long-term care use.
- TV/social rooms feature fireplaces that tie in to an overall emphasis on warmth, comfort, and tranquillity; a southwest exposure captures abundant natural light and enhances the interiors with spectacular views of the Bow River and Edworthy Park to the south.
Learn about our architectural work on this project here.