Mount Royal Village is a landmark commercial centre providing retail, restaurant, fitness, and professional services in one of Calgary's densely populated Beltline neighborhoods. The project contributes to the revitalization of the area, with a scope of work that included interior and exterior renovations along with facade upgrades of the neighbouring pharmacy.
- The redesigned building introduces a curtain wall along 8th Street, greatly increasing daylighting to the building. The transparent membrane improves the streetscape with new sight lines and natural surveillance.
- An interactive edge is created along the South (16th Avenue) elevation with folding glass walls opening to the sidewalk; the building contributes to a lively public sphere already animated by a parkette across 16th Avenue.
- The existing copper dome over the main entrance vestibule was replaced with a contemporary combination of glazing, spandrels, aluminum panels, and banded signage.
- Changes in cladding give prominence to tenant entrances.
- An interior stairwell was redesigned with a glass and steel enclosure, opening the space with natural light and greater visibility.
Learn about our interior work on this project here.