The Country Hills Crematorium is a 1,643 square metre, 1-storey building in northeast Calgary. Our scope of work included prime consultant architectural services from design through completion of construction, along with interior and mechanical design.
- The Crematorium includes a number of specialized rooms, including two retort rooms, a cool room, dressing and preparation rooms, and large memorial rooms.
- The two large memorial rooms can be subdivided to create a total of four rooms. Each of the large rooms includes a window looking in to one of the two cremator rooms.
- The staff kitchen includes two service windows facing into the rear of one of the reception rooms, enabling ease of food service for memorials and receptions.
- The building exterior includes a crenallated parapet that obscures the specialized rooftop mechanical equipment.
- The entrance is sheltered below a large canopy supported on concrete columns; the lobby includes a large skylight.
Learn about our interior work on this project here.