Bow View Manor is a long term-care facility in Bowness, a Northwest Calgary neighbourhood. Abugov-Kaspar provided architectural and interior design services for the addition of a new 5-storey wing. The existing facility was fully operational through construction, which was phased to minimize impact on residents.
- The new five-storey concrete building is oriented to maximize beautiful views overlooking the Bow River, and cradles a courtyard green space with a seating area facing the river.
- The total floor area of 5,500 m² provides 39 designated assisted living and 47 long-term units.
- The building includes TV/social rooms on each floor with secure walk-outs, along with large dining rooms, office, nursing, and maintenance facilities.
- Many rooms include private showers; the building also includes barrier-free and assisted bathing facilities.
- The new wing also includes an underground parkade providing 79 stalls.
Learn about our interior work on this project here.