Abugov-Kaspar was invited to develop this business campus master plan and design concept in a competition for a client. Massing concepts were developed for the first two of five master plan phases.
The concept derives from the client’s desire to break with automobile-centric approaches. Instead of relying extensive surface parking or a parking structure that dominates the view, our design gives precedence to a pedestrian-dominated landscape without losing the parking capacity required by an office campus.
- Parking is largely concentrated in two below-grade parking structures at the north and south ends of the campus. Parkades feature green roofs that respect the surrounding topography.
- The roofspan of the south parking structure is large enough to support walking paths, a running track, and activity field. Horizontal glazing allows natural light to reach the interiors of the structures.
- Buildings are clustered to create a campus environment, and include four and eight storey office buildings, a four storey manufacturing facility, and a two storey amenity building.
- The overall site is marked by a strong pedestrian environment; parkades are connected internally to office structures, while underground and above ground connections are provided between all buildings.
- The master plan includes additional phases that encompass multi-unit residential, hotel, office, and retail developments to create a contemporary live/work corporate campus with a total area of approximately 50 acres.